Friday, June 25, 2010

This little piggy went to (Ron's) Market


On the corner of Sauk Trail and East End Avenue in South Chicago Heights is an open air farm stand called Ron's Market. Now and then I drop by to scope out deals on produce, and the other day, I scored some great deals.

After a morning full of errands, I decided to stop in and see what was ripe. Less than an hour later, I was home with a cantaloupe, a head of cabbage, 10 ears of corn, 8 peaches and a pint of strawberries, all for under $7.00.

If you're in the area, I recommend taking a stroll through the place, you might be handsomely rewarded with a great deal some favorite produce. With 75¢ cantaloupe, 99¢ pints of strawberry, peaches and cabbage for 39¢/lb and 5 ears of corn for a dollar, it's going to be a great week of produce at my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment