Those of you out there with GF kids, or who ARE big kids yourself (like me), might want to try out this recipe.
Before going gluten free, I loved getting the occasional funnel cake at a baseball game. Although it isn't the healthiest, all things in moderation, right?
If you're in the mood for this tasty treat, or you're having a circus or carnival themed party, give this a try.
• Prepared GF pancake mix
• Vegetable oil
• Powered sugar
1. Prepare mix according to packaging, adding about one extra tablespoon of water.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan, about 1/4 inch deep.
3. Pour batter into oil, either in a round, pancake shape or drizzled in a more funnel cake pattern.
4. Fry until bubbles form on the uncooked top, then flip and cook for a few seconds more.
5. Place on plate and sift or sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
6. Dig in!
The key to this recipe is using enough oil. If you use too little, the batter will cook rather than fry, and you'll end up with pancakes. The oil also helps the powdered sugar stick.