Friday, March 30, 2012

Twi-what?

For those of you who didn't know this, I'm a crazy Twihard. Yep, I like sparkly vampires, angsty teen werewolves and the teenage girl with no apparent sense of self preservation. I've read all the book multiple time and seen each of the movies on opening weekend.
This past November, however, I stepped up my game when I went to the midnight showing of Breaking Dawn Part 1 with a large group of other crazy Twilight fans like myself. Before going to the show, we met at someone's house and had a party, which mostly consisted of eating and making ridiculous comments while "watching" Twilight. We actually saw both Eclipse and Breaking Dawn Part 1 in the theatre that night as part of a special double feature which let us avoid most of the annoying teen girls who often interrupt the viewing with their giggles and shrieks. I'm getting ahead of myself though, I was talking about eating.

Since it was my first time hanging out with these ladies (I met them through coworker), I wanted to make sure I brought my a game in terms of the food I brought. With that in mind, I made wedding cupcakes, since in Breaking Dawn Edward and Bella get married. I set them out on a cupcake stand for beautiful presentation's sake
The ladies smiled and thought they were so cute, and I was mildly pleased. The best reactions, however, came when I turned the cupcake stand around to reveal the true genius of these cupcakes. They were not only themed around the BD wedding, but also simply Twilight themed, which means, they were..




 VAMPIRE BITE CUPCAKES!

These took a little time, but they were pretty easy and totally worth it. You make a bunch of  cupcakes, any flavor, up to you, then you use a paring knife to cut a cone shape out of the top of each one. Cut the points off the cones so that they are just little round lids. Take a can of cherry pie filling and puree it, then add a little spoon of the puree into each cupcake hole, then replace the circle of cake to close it up. Frost them, then take a skewer, dip it in the remaining cherry filling and poke two holes in the cupcake, making sure to wipe the filling on the frosting as you withdraw the skewer.

They would be great, not only for Twilight themed parties, but Halloween, True Blood, anything where you need a little vampire nod. You could also skip the skewering and just make them filled cupcakes, using any kind of filling you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment